Why pursue medical study in Bangladesh?
Popular courses among Nepalese students: MBBS / BDS, MPH, Pharmacy & Engineering
The international reputation of Bangladesh medical education is ever-growing as Bangladeshi medical graduates are performing very well in their respective fields in various countries. Most of the medical colleges are enlisted by the International Medical Education Directory (FAIMER) and recognized by WHO (World Directory of Medical Schools). Furthermore, the medical graduates from some of the reputed medical colleges are eligible for registration with the General Medicine Council of United Kingdom and United States Medical License Examinations (USMLE).
Advantages of studying medicine in Bangladesh:“BE A DOCTOR WITH PRIDE”
1. The government of Bangladesh has allocated around 30% seats in MBBS and BDS at each of the medical colleges for foreign students.
2. Students will get very good practical exposure at renowned colleges.
3. The tuition fees can be paid in installments. So, you don’t need to worry about spending huge sum money at one go.
4. The culture, food habits, and language are not very different from that of Nepal.
5. People in Bangladesh are very welcoming and friendly.
6. The cost of living is not so expensive, which is why life in Bangladesh is pocket-friendly!
7. If you are highly talented then the Bangladesh government welcomes you to study medicine free-of-cost, i.e. under Scholarship quota. SAARC students pay no tuition fees.
8. Students can be assisted to get a partial fee waivers from some of the privately funded medical colleges!
MBBS Course Duration: 5 +1=6 years
Eligibility criteria as per DGHS:
1.Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
2.SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination passed not more than 1 year before joining HSC.
3.HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination passed not more than 1year before the application process.
4.Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent: 8.00 (eight) for government college and 7.0 for private colleges
5.Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5
6.Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
7. For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only the top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in the top five subjects)/5
8. For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
9. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is ‘C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3
What Our Students Say
Without Shatakshee I would not have received my student visa to study BIT in my dream destination ‘Australia’. There was a time when I gave up the hope of my visa because It was a really critical moment of a tough time of visa decision if I rightly analyzed my time of visa application. I have no words to thanks to Shatakshee Educational Team, due to their careful efforts and professional delivery, I finally got the visa and now I am in my dream destination to pursue my further education in my favorite subject “Information Technology”. Thanks a lot, team Shatakshee for fulfilling my dream of studying in Australia. I will be always indebted to your kind cooperation. Best Wishes Always
It’s really unbelievable where I am standing. It’s all about a matter of time and the right opportunity at right time. I still remember 2009, when I was so nervous and trying to pursue a technical degree. I couldn’t afford a high budget at that time and fulfill my dreams. Then I came to know about Shatakshee Educational Foundation which showed me a path and guided me for study in India at the very least possible cost. I still remember, at that time the consultancy even didn’t charge me for anything and moreover supported me to grab a 50% scholarship. I found my dream came true when I was awarded the Gold Medal 🥇 for my academics in B. Tech Civil Engineering Degree. This all became possible only due to the right consultation at right time by Shatakshee Team. I am always thankful for your hearty support and cooperation. I am proud to recommend any of the students and parents to visit Shatakshee if you are looking for the best educational institutions.
Official Representative of
Would you like to speak to our educational advisors over the phone? Just submit you details and we will be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer